Posted on April 28, 2011 by weblinkindia
Teaching is one of the most prestigious professions all around the world. That is why; many people aspire to build a career in this field. The prospects for this career are huge as Teaching jobs are available in different countries across the globe. The best option for undertaking a teaching job is to teach English. English being an international language is sought after for learning by students in many countries. It has become a global language which is spoken and understood in various parts of the world. Many schools and international Universities look for teachers who are proficient in English language as it becomes an effective communication tool.
English is widely taught as a second language in various countries. Teaching abroad gives one tremendous opportunity to become familiar with the cultures of different countries and also broadens one’s horizon of knowledge. To become a teacher, one needs to have a Bachelors and/or Masters degree. Some countries also require one to have a TEFL certificate for teaching those students whose first language is not English and the teacher may be a native or non-native English speaker. If you wish to become a teacher abroad you must brush up your English while keeping certain requirements in mind like:
- A Bachelors and/or Masters Degree depending upon the criteria of the country where you wish to apply.
- Many times, an ESL Certificate or a TEFL Certificate is demanded by different colleges and universities. In such a case, a careful selection of the institute providing the certificate is important.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that one must not have a criminal record or pending court cases as many countries do not give work permit to people involved in court cases.
A lot of options for collecting information regarding teaching jobs are available online. All you need to do is make up your mind and research well to get a teaching job in any country of your choice.
Filed under: Jobs Tips, Teaching Jobs | Tagged: Teaching Jobs, Teaching Vacancies, Teaching Vacancy | Leave a comment »
Posted on December 6, 2010 by weblinkindia
Teaching is one of the noblest professions a person can undertake. Teachers are respected all over the world as they are the imparters of knowledge. Have you ever thought about teaching and that too abroad? There are various jobs you can find abroad related to different fields like science, humanities, arts, commerce, etc. Most of these teaching jobs are related to teaching English as a Second Language to students who have come from those parts of the world where English is not predominantly spoken. If you are interested in teaching English, then there are certain requirements you have to fulfill before applying for the job.
- Proper Qualification And Degree- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in English is very important for any English teaching job, whether in India or abroad.
- Proficiency In The Language- Just having a degree in English does not make you eligible to teach abroad. You have to make sure that you are proficient and fluent in speaking and writing English. Unless you know the entire A-B-C of the language, you will not qualify to teach abroad. Schools and colleges in countries abroad are looking for people who can speak, write and teach English. There is no point in applying if your English is as good as a 6 year old.
- Interest Factor- It is a common notion that you can perform some task efficiently only if your interest lies in it. So, if you are not interested in teaching English, then you might as well not apply for it. There is no point in teaching English if you will do it half-heartedly and damage the chances of foreign students who are willing to learn but are forced to listen to your droning lecture.
- Certificates- It is essential to obtain the proper certificates, which are required for teaching abroad. The two most important certificates would be the ESL and TEFL certificate. Do a thorough research as to where you can obtain these certificates and the procedure related to it.
One of the most important decisions you have to take before actually applying for teaching abroad is whether you are willing to shift to a foreign country. Shifting to another country is a big step and you should take your decision wisely.
Filed under: Teaching Jobs | Tagged: Teaching Jobs | 1 Comment »