Posted on March 12, 2012 by weblinkindia
There are no shortcuts to success. You need to earn credibility to be successful in personal as well as professional life. For those who have just stepped in the field of professionalism, it is advisable to synchronize their behavior and working style according to the organization they work in. Here are a few tips that can help you move up the ladder of success:
Be An Observer:
Since you are a new member in the company, you need to observe the working style and the environment. Do not come to any conclusion, once you observe the environment, it will be easier for you to adopt their working style.
Innovations are always welcomed. Develop new ideas and schemes that can effectively benefit the organization. This can indeed mark you in the good books of higher authorities.
Working Hours Does Matter:
Those employees are always encouraged, who are willing to work hard. Make them realize that you are hard working and project your interest in the company’s initiatives. Therefore, focus on impact and not just output.
Learn to work with minimal supervision; this will help you to outshine other employees working at the same level.
Be A Flexible Team Player:
Take the initiative to solve your problem and that of others yourself, before the higher authority asks you. Do what it takes to be a trusted employee for your employer.
Stay Away From Grapevine:
Maintain your integrity to have a sound moral image in the company. Do not participate in gossiping, as this could tamper your character in the eyes of higher authorities.
Expand Your Image:
Do not just limit yourself to your specific department. Try to be a part of projects that include other departments also.
When you work hard, success follows the path. Be a good practitioner of these simple rules and surely, you will climb the success ladder in the corporate world with ease.
Filed under: Jobs Tips, Perfect Job, Personality Development | Tagged: Career Success Tips, Career Tips, Job Success Tips | 1 Comment »
Posted on February 24, 2012 by weblinkindia
While going for the first job people are usually anxious about the new work and its requirements. New job is like a new world, where people need to know the ways to survive and leave an impact. The new job should be taken as an opportunity, and the following guidelines need to be followed in order to succeed:
- Maintain self-discipline: In the initial days of work, people need to understand their work. For this they need to devote quality time to it. They should reach the office at time, follow the guidelines of the trainer, and try to finish the target on time. Initially it is difficult to gain the speed, in that case, people need to be ready to carry work at home or do extra-work at office, as this shows their dedication.
- Set goals and work accordingly: It is important to have the goals in mind which people want to achieve. Once the work goals are set, people need to remain focused and work hard to achieve them on time. For this, they might need to sacrifice fun and rest till the goals are achieved.
- Know your strength strengths and skills: Once people know and assess their strengths and skills, they need to play up on strengths and improve their skills, as per the new job requirements.
- Spirit of sharing should be there: People who are open to new ideas, and help their colleagues with their ideas or information, are sure to be in demand at the workplace. It also improves their skills.
- Feel passionate about the work: If people are not passionate about their job then surely their performance will remain average. To perform extra-ordinarily, people need to take any new task as a learning opportunity and feel good about it. They should analyze the importance of the task given to them in fulfilling their career goals, and then work on it as a golden opportunity.
In short, to learn the most at the first job and to move ahead successfully, people must maintain self-discipline, learn to make sacrifices, develop a helping attitude, and most importantly stay focused to their set career goals.
Filed under: Career Tips, Employment Opportunities, Jobs Tips | Tagged: Career Goals, Career Opportunities, Career Success Tips, Job Opportunities, Job Success Tips | 1 Comment »
Posted on February 14, 2012 by weblinkindia
After completing the classroom learning, people come in the practical world to make the best use of their skills and knowledge. For making a successful career some additional skills and information are required, which the new job searchers and experienced ones must be adept at and thorough with. Fulfilling this dream of getting a great job requires some of these skills and some intelligent planning to get success. To proceed for this, you need to follow these tips:
For The Job Search
- Post the CV on different leading placement sites providing many job opportunities.
- Update the CV on a regular basis: It leads to the assurance that the CV will be visited by different companies and recruitment consultants.
- Visit the websites of leading companies in the industry you are searching for, and upload your CV, if there is a vacancy suited to your profile.
- Stay updated on the latest industry trends.
For The Interview
- Dress professionally, as per the job requirement, for the interview. Avoid gaudy dress and accessories.
- Prepare beforehand for the interview. Visit the website, if any, of the company you are going for the interview. Brush up your skills, knowledge on the expected role as well as market and technical skills.
- Rehearse the job-interview posture. The body language is the index of the interviewer’s confidence.
Once On The Job
- Never stop learning, brush up your skills to complete the most challenging tasks successfully
- Improve the communication skill, and while on the job never show aggression and bossy attitude.
- Learn time management, set priorities.
Getting a job is not the end; one should be open to learning at every step of life. Success cannot be acquired and kept in the pocket; it has to be lived so always take every step while keeping the goal in focus to become a successful professional.
Filed under: Career Tips, Job Search, Jobs Tips | Tagged: Improve Communication Skills, Job Opportunities, Job Search Tips, Job Seekers, Job Success Tips | Leave a Comment »
Posted on December 27, 2011 by weblinkindia
Have you recently joined the organization of your dreams?
Are you planning to start working just as your degree completes?
Do you want to get noticed in your workplace as soon as you join?
Have you been thinking of the right way to start a flourishing career?
If your answer to any of the above mentioned questions is yes, then you must read this write up:
The time when people used to join any field advised by their elders, irrespective of their interests and skills, is long gone. Now, the job seekers understand the need to find the most suitable job for themselves. However, more often than not it is observed that the people who are at the initial most stage of the career are confused about the correct approach to climb up the ladder of success. Mentioned below are a few suggestions for them:
The importance of discipline, particularly self discipline, never fades. One has to remain disciplined at all times. There may be times when you could postpone your work or delegate the work assigned to you but the best way in such situations is to understand the need of the hour.
Join an organization only after you find it suitable to your expectations and career goals. Once you enter any company, adopt a single minded approach. It means that even of you get more lucrative offers from other companies, you need to stay focused and devoted to your present work. Leaving a job within a few months will reflect your lack of loyalty and confidence.
People have become more career oriented and are willing to give their hundred percent to reach the zenith of success at the earliest. Consider it a sure shot key to success and complete the tasks assigned to you dedicatedly.
Adopt these three aspects in your approach to work and you will notice a considerable amount of positive results. Other than this, you can also give a jumpstart to your career if you get registered with a credible Online Placement Portal that will help you find a job as per your interests, skills and qualifications.
Filed under: Career Tips, Job Portal, Online Jobs | Tagged: Career Success Tips, Job Seekers, Job Success Tips, Online Job Portal, Online Placement Portal | 1 Comment »
Posted on September 23, 2010 by weblinkindia
So, your studies are over and you want to step into a new phase of your life, that is, into your first real job. What you have learned in your school or college will not apply in a company. Your first job will highly influence your future career prospects. There are different rules, principles and ethics that are applied in a professional work setting. There is a huge difference between being a student and an employee. In a company, you would not be spoon-fed like you were in a school or college. Here, you will have to be responsible for yourself and your actions. No one will spoon-feed you and tell you what to do. You should be well-aware of all your duties and responsibilities. We will provide you with some important pointers that will help you make a good impression on your employers and colleagues.
- Listen And Discern- It is better to listen and observe quietly rather than voicing out your opinions without thinking through. If you don’t like the workings of your company, then it is better to just let it be. Your suggestions and opinions might get a negative reaction because you don’t know the correct workings of a company and your opinions might be considered interference. Listening to everyone and observing your work environment will help you learn.
- Behave Maturely- Behaving in a college or school is very different from how you should behave in an office environment. Be on your best behavior in an office. There are several office ethics that you need to keep in mind. Talk politely with everyone and do not argue to prove a point.
- Avoid Notorious Company- Stay away from troublemakers from work. Troublemakers are those who always try to create trouble between employees and later refuse to take responsibility for their actions. It is best to have a diplomatic relationship with such people as they can prove to be hindrances in your path to success.
- Keep Yourself Informed- Though you should not participate in the office gossip, it is beneficial to keep a tab on what’s going around. Stay away from the gossip mongers, especially if you are new in the office, as it can greatly damage your reputation in the eyes of your seniors.
Keep in mind that in a company, your only friend is yourself. Keep your thoughts to yourself and listen to everyone and behave in a polite and diplomatic manner.
Filed under: Jobs Tips | Tagged: Job Success Tips, Jobs Tips, Success Tips | 1 Comment »