Different Types Of Accounting Jobs
Certified Public Accountant (CPA): Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) can practice publically. They render their services to individuals, government and business firms and work usually in partnerships. One needs to pass the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination for this position. Their Job responsibilities comprise:
- Management Advisory Services
- Filing taxes
- Preparing financial statements
To avail better prospects, continuous tests and other requirements at the state level are necessary. Work experience counts a lot in this field
- Forensic Accountant: As part of a much larger venture, an Accountant can help in uncovering financial frauds by conducting transactions that can prove the case of misdealing especially with Elderly people. The objectives are achieved with the help of lawyers and legal procedures. Their remuneration is similar to that of an accountant.
- Auditor: An Auditor follows the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in the process of studying financial statements. They cross-check information and search for errors and frauds, if any. They work either for audit and accounting firms or within the Audit Departments of large organizations.
- Personal Financial Planner: Personal Financial Planner is one who provides personal guidance to people on financial matters relating to insurance and investment.
- Cost Accountant: A Cost Accountant provides the information on costs to the company in order that managers may formulate proper strategies and see how far the company has progressed towards its goals. It can be quite difficult to estimate product costs for complex tasks such as automotive manufacturing.
- Controller: A Controller supervises reporting, payroll, accounting procedures, accounts receivable and accounts payable. He can be classified as a Financial Manager.
- Budget Analyst: A Budget Analyst’s task is to supervise and report a company’s financial budget. Their job includes:
- monitoring company’s expenditures
- reviewing budget proposals
- recommending regarding company budgets
The opportunity for growth in the accounting sector jobs is immense and it offers a good variety of jobs with great prospects.