Posted on July 17, 2014 by weblinkindia
There is a very thin line between career coaching and counseling. These two terms are almost similar yet there are some differences. The working style and the practice of these two services are quite the same. The main function of the career counselor is to gather information about the client’s talents and the area of his know how. The counselor helps you in finding different career opportunities based on your talent level.
Career coaching on the other hand is somewhat different because a coach does not learn your talent level. The coach provides you information about your career prospective and supports the choice made by the client. The coach encourages you enough to make the desired career transition. For instance; if you are working in marketing department at a very high post, but you are unable to cope up with the work due to lack of interest. Hence, a coach can help you take a perfect decision of whether to leave the job or not.
Difference between The Two
- The career coaching service helps the client to choose a particular path unlike the counseling service which informs you about the number of career paths to choose from. Career counseling is a broader term and both of the services have their own uniqueness and advantages. Say for instance, at the time of recession you have to take a diversion from your career path and for that you have to hire a career counselor to expand the job opportunities.
- If you are a fresher, hiring a career counseling service will help you make a start to a career and if you are a professional and you want to make a career transition because of job dissatisfaction or any other reason you can opt for career coaching services. Outplacement services include both counseling and coaching services and are often searched by job seekers.
- The trainers will also help you in informing about the outdated procedure and to adapt the latest procedure in practice. Outplacement service is required for the fresher and the also for the experienced. The reason why the experienced also need to hire the service is to get aware about the latest procedures in any particular field.
- A counselor might take a more objective position as a service provider, whereas a coach’s stance might be more like that of an athletic coach, providing both helpful feedback and boosting morale.
Hence it is suggested to find the best coaching and counseling services as that can kick start your career and will also help you in moving on with positive career transitions.
Filed under: Career Counseling & Guidance, Career Planning, Career Tips | Tagged: Career Coaching, Counseling Services | Leave a comment »
Posted on June 11, 2014 by weblinkindia
Today the work-from-home jobs have become quite popular among professionals who are looking to break away from the chains of the nine-to-five working schedule. There are many factors that have contributed to the popularity of the work-from-home solutions. For women professionals who are on maternity leave or otherwise seek a flexible working schedule to balance their personal & professional lives, these work-from-home jobs have proved to be a blessing.
Other people who have benefited from the popularity of work-from-jobs include physically challenged people and those who reside in remote areas. Many people think of home based jobs as cakewalk, but this is just a misconception. Mentioned below are some tips to ensure the success of your home based job or business.
Tips For Making Your Work-From-Home Job A Success
- Choose A Suitable Job: Depending upon what your forte is, whether it is writing or convincing people, or typing, etc., you may choose the best work-from-home job suited for yourself. Some options include data entry, freelance writer, medical transcription, and so on.
- Make a Schedule – This is one of the first things to do when you initially start with any work-from-home job. Once you make a schedule, ensure that you stick to it, no matter what.
- Learn to Multitask – This is an important skill to learn as it will help you save precious time. Rather than doing a single task at a time, it is smarter to juggle a few tasks so that they get done simultaneously. But remember, not to overdo it or it could backfire and you may commit a mistake.
- Clear Out A Separate Space for Office Work: This is very important as it will ensure a more professional approach towards the work. Remember to keep your professional and personal commitments separate.
Before signing up for any work-from-home job, it is very important to ensure that it is not a scam. As per recent research, it was found that home-based job scams were listed among the top ten common internet scams. Once you have established that the company you are about to work with is a genuine one, you can follow the tips mentioned above to make your work-from-job a success.
Filed under: Career Tips, Jobs Tips | Tagged: Home Based Jobs, Work From Home | Leave a comment »
Posted on May 13, 2014 by weblinkindia
The success of any organization is directly affected by the productivity of its employees. Without a hard working and efficient workforce to back it up, the chances an organization reaching the heights of success is remote. Since employee productivity and work performance are so important, it is essential that the necessary steps are taken to improve work performance. This article provides some tips both for employees to improve their performance at work and for employers to promote a work environment that is conducive to efficient employee performance.
Tips for Employees To Improve Work Performance
- Organize your Workstation: An uncluttered and organized workstation not only looks good, but it also improves efficiency.
- Use Time Management Tools: This includes making full utilization of the calendar to keep track of appointments, meetings, targets and other important tasks.
- Make a things-to-do list Everyday: This list should be filled with daily tasks that should be arranged priority wise.
- Resolve Problems Quickly: It is essential to resolve problems as and when they arise to avoid future distractions.
Tips for Employers To Improve Employee Work Performance
Initiate employee recognition programs: Providing recognition to employees who go out of their way to ensure that a task is completed is a great motivator.
- Organize Trainings: This ensures that the employees who are lagging behind or need to learn new skills can benefit from these trainings.
- Provide Proper Channels for Communication: Effective communication is very essential for ensuring employee efficiency.
- Encourage a Open Work Environment: Rigidity at the work place tends to prove stifling to the employees. Make the employees feel as if they are a part of an extended family and make them realize that their contribution matters.
- Encourage Professionalism: It is essential to ensure that a high standard of professionalism is maintained at the workplace. Set high bars of professional conduct to get rid of problems like – malicious gossip, which hamper work performance.
These are some of the effective ways in which the workplace productivity can be improved. These small steps can contribute in a big way as far as improving the efficiency of the workforce is concerned.
Find latest job openings in India
Filed under: Career Tips, Jobs Tips | Tagged: Employee Etiquettes, Employee Work Performance, work tips | Leave a comment »
Posted on May 9, 2014 by weblinkindia
Youngsters who aspire to be Manpower Consultants have bright prospects. It’s a promising job profile and will turn to be even bigger in near future. Manpower Consultants provide the young professionals a suitable platform to realize their dreams and get in to the best professions. They work as a bridge between the clients as well as the candidates helping them in the best possible manner in matters related to job search and recruitment. However, before you get into this profession, it is important that you know about the skills required to be in this profession. Here are some of the skills that you require to become a successful Manpower Consultant.
Skills Required In A Manpower Consultant
- Business skills- The Manpower Consultant should be able to understand the dynamics of the business and hold an insight into its financial condition. He should be capable of accessing and communicating about the effects that decisions of the company have on the bottom line. It also includes process and project management skills.
- Leadership skills- The Manpower Consultant should be able to create a vision and strategy for the company. The envisioned strategies must ensure the growth of the organization. The consultant should also ensure that all the goals and strategies are aligned with the company’s interest. He/ she should also be able to manage and motivate the team to work collectively.
- Consulting skills- The Manpower Consultant should develop the consulting skills in such a way that it best fits with the market and he/she is capable to market his/her work in the organization. It is also important to cultivate executive presence while working with the business leaders.
- Technology skills- The consultant should be proficient in all the broad applications related to his/her work and in potentially delivering them. He/she must be capable of applying the knowledge in practical business and planning processes.
- Global mindset- The Manpower Consultant should understand the dynamics of the global world to constantly renew his/her ideas and develop new strategies. He/she should also be equipped with all the activities that are happening around him.
While some of the skills mentioned above are personal skills, some of them are developed over time while working in the field and learning through experiences. Once you have developed them, no one can stop you from coming in the Top Manpower Consultants in India.
Filed under: Career Tips, Job Hunting, Job Placement | Tagged: Manpower Consultants, Placement Consultants | Leave a comment »