Posted on May 3, 2013 by weblinkindia
Myths Of Career Success
A competitive employment market has resulted in a scenario where all available techniques on “how to excel in one’s career” are followed in a desperate attempt to achieve Career Success. Cheap guides to Career Success, written by inexperienced writers, are easily found in the market [...]
What To Ask In Your Job Interview
Traditional interviews used to be question and answer rounds where the hiring managers asked the questions and the candidates answered. The written and oral recommendations were trusted completely and there were often only limited responses to the job posts which qualified [...]
Qualities Of A Good Team Leader
Since whenever the concept of a group, herd or team has existed, the requirement of a leader or head has been there too. A leader or a head is an entity that holds the lead of the team and guides it through all the activities carried out by it [...]
Tips On Writing a Resume to Get a Promotion
The first and foremost requirement, when looking for a change of job profile and establishment on works for, it is very essential to get your resume in line. For recruiters, the one document that establishes the credibility at one glance is the nature and competence of a resume [...]
Filed under: Career Planning, Career Tips, Job Placement, Jobs Tips | Tagged: Career Success, Good Team Leader, Job Interview, Job Promotion | Leave a Comment »
Posted on April 9, 2013 by weblinkindia
A competitive employment market has resulted in a scenario where all available techniques on “how to excel in one’s career” are followed in a desperate attempt to achieve Career Success. Cheap guides to Career Success, written by inexperienced writers, are easily found in the market. Due to the desire for Career Success, such guides are very popular. However, care must be taken while following them as not all what they say is true. Following are some of the myths which circulate in the employment market.
The Most Qualified Is the Most Successful
The notion that the most qualified is always the most successful is actually a continuation of what we are taught during our academic life. Parents and teachers propagate this idea that the one who puts in the effort behind the studies gets the best marks. However, this does not necessarily apply in the case of one’s professional life. It is not necessary that the ones with the highest qualification get the best relevant jobs or that they excel in their career. The key points which affect Career Success are the presentation of one’s skills and talents and the application of the knowledge in the practical affairs of the business.
Hard Work Is Enough For Career Success
There is an age old saying that if one works hard, that is enough to fetch success. This is unfortunately not true in the modern job scenario. Modern organizations have hundreds of employees working under them. Thus, it is very easy for hard work to escape the notice of the management. It is very important that the hard work and dedication is marketed well and it is ensured that it comes to the notice of the management. Good appraisals are received not due to the hard work of the employee. It is received because the management knows about his hard work. As goes the saying in cricket, “You do not get a wicket because the batsman is out. You get it because the batsman is out in the eyes of the umpire.
The First Offer Made To You Is The Best Offer
One way in which the performance of the human resource department is measured is how less they have recruited the employee at. Thus, never believe that the first offer made to you is the best that the company can afford. There is always a margin of improvement which can be stretched, based on your negotiation skills. Most organizations expect you to negotiate and feel disappointed if you don’t.
It is better to stay practical while pursuing Career Success. The utopian ideas may have a feel good factor in them, and sometimes are even important for personal growth, but not all of them are true in the modern job market.
Filed under: Career Mistakes, Career Objective, Career Planning, Career Tips, Education | Tagged: employment market | Leave a Comment »
Posted on April 3, 2013 by weblinkindia
For The Perfect Job, Get In Touch With A Recruitment Agency
For most people, their dream job remains a dream forever. The reasons for this may vary from person to person – some lack the expertise required, some lack the initiative to go about the job search process, and some are left behind because of lack of focus or efforts, & other such reasons.[...]
IT Staffing Agencies: How They Help A Company
Finding qualified candidates, without exceeding recruiting costs, has become one of the biggest challenges for an organization. In present times, loss of productivity, of even a few days, can be detrimental for the bottom line of the company. Staffing Agencies have, thus, emerged as a perfect solution to the recruitment related problems of a company.[...]
To Make The Right Career Choice, Consult A Career Counselor
Nowadays, everybody is familiar with the term ‘Career Counselor’ & there are high chances that many have themselves visited the Career Counselor, at one or the other point in their lives. Most of us might remember our last year in high school, & the regular trips that we made to the Career Counselor at school, trying to decide what subjects to choose, etc.[...]
Tips For Avoiding Work At Home Scams
Many of us really get excited on the prospects of working at home and making money. Indeed there is a valid point in that. But the frequency with which we hear about Work At Home Scams certainly raises certain doubts in our mind. Temptations are high when we come across those alluring advertisements of earning from within our homes but we must be able to smell the rat.[...]
Filed under: Career Objective, Career Tips, Education, IT Recruitment, IT Sector, Jobs Tips | Tagged: Career Counselor, IT professionals, IT Staffing Agencies, Perfect Job, Recruitment Agency, Staffing Agencies, Tips For Avoiding Work At Home Scams | Leave a Comment »
Posted on March 26, 2013 by weblinkindia
Nowadays, everybody is familiar with the term ‘Career Counselor’ & there are high chances that many have themselves visited the Career Counselor, at one or the other point in their lives. Most of us might remember our last year in high school, & the regular trips that we made to the Career Counselor at school, trying to decide what subjects to choose, etc.
Today, the role of Career Counselor is not just limited to helping students decide their future course of action; rather they help with all aspects of a person’s career. This includes offering their professional insights & expertise to people interested in making a career shift, personal career development. Career Counselors also offer counseling sessions to people who are interested in returning to the job market after a long sabbatical.
Career Counselors – How They Can Help?
- The Career Counselors assist people in determining where their interests, skills and abilities lie, & subsequently help them in making the right career choice.
- They can offer reliable information about – average salary packages offered to professionals in a specific domain, future scope of growth, other possibilities, etc.
- Many Career Counselors also evaluate job seekers on basis of various criteria & help determine how job ready they are. They offer suggestions for improvement like – Personality development courses, skill development (soft & hard), etc.
- People who are experiencing career stagnation can approach the Career Counselors, who will be able to suggest effective techniques to counter this problem. Under their expert care, a person will be given guidance on how to deal with such a sensitive issue in the best possible manner.
- Through his/her expert analysis, the Career Counselor also helps identify a person’s short term and long term career goals,
Career Counselors play an important role in sorting out the career goals of a person, & ensure that a person is able to grow on a professional level. For effective career guidance & career growth, Career Counselors are the best & most competent people to approach.
Filed under: Career Planning, Career Tips, Perfect Job, Personality Development | Tagged: Career Counselor | Leave a Comment »
Posted on October 5, 2012 by weblinkindia
Do’s and Don’ts of Telemarketing
Telemarketing is today among the most abused and misunderstood marketing tools out there. A telemarketer is today seen more as a nuisance than a person who is out there to convey information about a brand or specific products. If you were thinking of launching a telemarketing campaign for the publicity of your product, but are having second thoughts after reading this, don’t be disheartened [...]
How To Find Jobs While Attending College
Whether it is to earn an extra buck, gain valuable experience or start earning early on, each year many collegiate students think about How To Find Jobs While Attending College? While the importance of focused learning during the academic term cannot be denied, it is also proven that students who start working during this time are armed with much more knowledge than their inexperienced counterparts [...]
Inquiring About Job Openings – Basic Etiquettes
Searching for a job is a very cumbersome task which requires lot of efforts, patience and hard work. It involves obtaining a list of relevant job positions available with companies that you want to work with & then making enquiries regarding the positions, the interview dates, etc [...]
Home Based Data Entry Jobs: Beneficial For Companies And People
With computers virtually taking over the workplaces around the world, whether it is the education field, the medical field, the telecom field, etc., there is hardly an office or business that has not found use for it in the present day scenario. With all information now being stored in the hard disk of a computer, rather than in bulky files, the need for professionals having expertise in this field has grown in the past decade or so [...]
Filed under: Career Tips, Employment Opportunities, Job Search Tips, Telemarketing | Tagged: Data Entry Jobs, Home Based Jobs, Job Opportunities, Online Jobs in India, Telemarketing Tips | Leave a Comment »
Posted on September 18, 2012 by weblinkindia
Whether it is to earn an extra buck, gain valuable experience or start earning early on, each year many collegiate students think about How To Find Jobs While Attending College? While the importance of focused learning during the academic term cannot be denied, it is also proven that students who start working during this time are armed with much more knowledge than their inexperienced counterparts. But the question that still looms in the mind of undergraduates is that how to start with the process of finding such jobs? Well, the answer to this lies in some research, identifying the right companies to work with and lots of hard work that has to be put on juggling between studying & working.
- The first step is to identify the field of working. Although you can take up any job to have corporate exposure but temping somewhere in your field or taking up a job that you can continue on after studies is recommended.
- After zeroing on the field, you need to find out the proper sources from where you can find out such opportunities. Some common options include searching from local newspaper job bulletins, college newspaper classifieds, placement portals, contacting placement agencies, asking around from acquaintances, friends, family, teachers etc. You can also ask around for internships to do part-time work but be aware that these may or may not pay.
- You also need to decide the hours you are willing to dedicate and the salary you expect. Then you must prepare a professional resume before starting the search and carry it with you at all times.
- Searching on job portals is an excellent option as it lessens the time spent in searching, is absolutely free and choices are many. With this, you can avoid the disappointment of not finding enough opportunities or going for interviews with no clear details of what’s in store for you.
Nowadays there are many Job Portals especially dedicated to freshers and students who want to work while studying have come up, so finding the right opportunity has become even easier. All you need to do is chalk out and implement a solid plan like this to taste success in Finding A Job While Still Studying.
Filed under: Career Tips, Job Search Tips | Tagged: Jobs For Freshers, Jobs Tips, Part Time Jobs | 1 Comment »
Posted on September 12, 2012 by weblinkindia
Telemarketing is today among the most abused and misunderstood marketing tools out there. A telemarketer is today seen more as a nuisance than a person who is out there to convey information about a brand or specific products. If you were thinking of launching a telemarketing campaign for the publicity of your product, but are having second thoughts after reading this, don’t be disheartened.
Here the motive is not to discourage you but to tell you about how to change the general perception about telemarketing & how to make sure that your telemarketing campaign does not add to woes of the people out there. Telemarketing is among the most cost-effective marketing techniques, which offers a lot of benefits like reaching out to a large audience over a wide geographical area. Also Telemarketing is among the personal forms of advertising where you get in touch with the target customers & make them discover the value in your products.
Do’s And Don’ts Of Telemarketing
- Keep The Calls Short And Crisp – This is the golden mantra that will decide your success as a telemarketer to a large extent. Time is of utmost importance in business. Be precise. Key points that should be included are – Introduction, product details, key features (USP), how to order the product, closing the call and finally handling any queries the customers may have.
- Follow The Script – The Tele-calling script is written by experts who have followed thousands of sales call over the years & are aware of what sells and what does not. By following the script, a telemarketer can avoid wasting precious time that is wasted by drifting off the topic.
- Good Speakers – Since Telemarketers depend on their oratory skills chiefly to convince the customer to buy their product, it is best to ensure that the telemarketers are good speakers with a clear voice and good diction.
- Know Your Product – It is hard to convince anyone to buy your product if you yourself are not aware of what your product is all about. It is very necessary for a Telemarketer to know the inside-out of the products.
- Patience – Telemarketing is one job where you will require lots of patience, the best of your efforts & sheer hard work. The more calls you make, more the probability of getting double the leads. Also telemarketing is an adventure where one day you could get in touch with good people who will make your day & on other days you will come across negative ones who are rude and abusive. Be ready for all kinds.
- Follow Ups – These are as important as the introduction part. Be sure to do a proper follow up as it is the first step towards having a long term relationship with clients.
An effective telemarketing campaign that takes these Do’s and Don’ts into consideration can go a long way in creating awareness and making positive impressions in the minds of the buyers about your product.
Filed under: Career Tips, Telemarketing | Tagged: Telemarketers, Telemarketing Tips | 2 Comments »
Posted on July 17, 2012 by weblinkindia
It gets really tough for an Immigrant to get settled in the foreign country and find job of his choice. Before moving to some other place it is really important to acquaint yourself with the job opportunities and the working environment in the particular country. If the Immigrant has the basic knowledge of these relevant factors then it will no longer be difficult for him to find a job in a foreign country.
After settling down in other country, job hunting becomes the reason of worry for Immigrant. If he pays heed to certain tips, he will definitely find his niche without putting himself in much trouble:
- The foremost thing while searching for a job is to be patient. Losing hope is not good for your career at all. A successful search demands a right and positive attitude.
- Always try to expand your circle of contacts. The more you get connected with people the quicker you will find your job.
- It is advised to attend the job fairs and seminars related to different industries. There you can get the directions about searching the most appropriate job and also knowledge about various jobs in a number of fields. Attending seminars is also a good way to make professional contacts.
- Websites can also be explored and an Immigrant comes to know about the vacancies in several fields.
- It is essential to do a complete research of a company before applying for a job. It helps you to prepare yourself for an interview very well.
- If an Immigrant has the relevant skills and achievements related to his field, he will be preferred by companies indeed.
If an immigrant keeps the aforementioned tips in his mind, he is certain to get a good job.
Filed under: Career Tips, Immigration Services, Job Hunting | Tagged: Immigrants, Immigrants Jobs, Jobs Tips | Leave a Comment »
Posted on July 13, 2012 by weblinkindia
Job becomes the very next search after school and college education is over. It is really important to think and plan carefully before applying for a job. A fresher should be aware of his/her goals. If you are unable to decide where you want to go then Internet is the excellent option to guide you through.
There are various companies which offer Online Job opportunities to fresh candidates as per their talents and qualifications. There are a number of fields where you can apply for job such as banking and finance, media and entertainment, BPO, Research and Development, information technology, sales and marketing and many more. All these companies give opportunities to newcomers to show their skills.
Since the experienced candidates are always preferred by the companies, hence, Online Jobs have come as the golden chance for the beginners where besides job, they also get chance to gain some experience and polish their skills. These jobs are also helpful in making the young aspirants more competitive and update with the respective industry. Apart from that, newcomers are also paid a good salary which is really important to boost their confidence and morale.
Now-a-days almost every university or campus has a placement cell wherein many top companies of India come every year with number of jobs. Job seekers are advised to attend placement sessions to get their desired job. A good percentage of marks and relevant skills related to a particular field are the two major factors that a company wants from a candidate. If you are a deserving candidate then you can be rewarded with a high salary package.
Filed under: Career Tips, Employment Opportunities, Job Search Tips | Tagged: Fresher Openings, Freshers Jobs, Jobs Tips | Leave a Comment »
Posted on July 7, 2012 by weblinkindia
When it comes to immigration, most of the people wish for a magic wand to get the job done but it happens only in films and cartoons. In real life your Immigration requires a sound knowledge of Immigration laws and everything about the country you are moving to. Immigrant may face serious consequences if he is ignorant of Immigration laws. In that case, Certified Immigration Services are essential.
The Immigration Services vary according to the country and its Immigration procedure. There are certain companies that lower down your stress by providing various services:
- The team of Customer Service works round the clock.
- Step by Step guidance is provided for application for Immigration.
- Confidentiality is the major concern for them; hence they maintain secrecy of your personal information.
- Immigration Services also provide e-books and DVDs to equip you with all the Immigration Laws, procedures and requirements of a country.
- These services are also helpful in citizenship application and replacing naturalization certificate.
The Certified Immigration Services provide the Immigrants with the Immigration Consultant. The Immigration Consultant is well-versed with all the pre-requisites of a country in the context of immigration. The Immigration Consultant is highly required for filing an application for Immigration. Immigration Consultant also throws light on various Immigration plans available through their right direction and knowledge. Moreover, Immigration consultant helps you regarding a work permit and home in the new country.
Immigration Consultant keeps you update about the latest Immigration information of various countries. This consultant gives the answers of your each and every query regarding visa application, country information, etc. These consultants can also be sought for visa extension, if required. Immigration Consultant is also approached for getting a Green Card. The Immigration consultant really helps in saving the time that an Immigrant wastes in wandering for Immigration purposes.
Filed under: Career Planning, Career Tips, Employment Opportunities, Immigration Services | Tagged: Certified Immigration Services, Immigration & Citizenship, Immigration Consultants | Leave a Comment »