Posted on August 4, 2014 by weblinkindia
Common Hiring Mistakes That Cost Employers Big Bucks
Hiring process may look easy but in fact it is not that easy as it looks. Getting the right employees for your company is a difficult task and the hiring needs to be done diligently in a most cost-effective and time-saving way [...]
Difference between Career Coaching and Counseling Services
There is a very thin line between career coaching and counseling. These two terms are almost similar yet there are some differences. The working style and the practice of these two services are quite the same. The main function of the career counselor is to gather information about the client’s talents and the area of his know how [...]
Tips To Start A Job Search
Are you looking for a job? Don’t know where to start from? If yes, then, this article will definitely help you out. Job hunting is a difficult task involving an organized and focused search. For many people, taking the first step is most confusing [...]
Benefits Of Availing Professional CV Services
A large number of applicants step out of their houses everyday in search of jobs. They put in a lot of efforts for grabbing all the attention of their hiring managers. One way which has proved to be most effective for this purpose is a strong resume with a cover letter [...]
Tips for Opening a Recruitment Agency
A Recruitment Agency is the bridge between a job seeker and an organization. If an organization wants to find suitable candidates to hire, they approach these agencies for help. Similarly, a person can contact a Recruitment Agency while looking for a job [...]
Filed under: Career Planning, Career Tips, Hiring Guide, Job Search Tips, Recruiting Employees | Tagged: Career Coaching Services, Common Hiring Mistakes, Job Search, Professional CV Services, Recruitment Agency | Leave a comment »
Posted on July 17, 2014 by weblinkindia
There is a very thin line between career coaching and counseling. These two terms are almost similar yet there are some differences. The working style and the practice of these two services are quite the same. The main function of the career counselor is to gather information about the client’s talents and the area of his know how. The counselor helps you in finding different career opportunities based on your talent level.
Career coaching on the other hand is somewhat different because a coach does not learn your talent level. The coach provides you information about your career prospective and supports the choice made by the client. The coach encourages you enough to make the desired career transition. For instance; if you are working in marketing department at a very high post, but you are unable to cope up with the work due to lack of interest. Hence, a coach can help you take a perfect decision of whether to leave the job or not.
Difference between The Two
- The career coaching service helps the client to choose a particular path unlike the counseling service which informs you about the number of career paths to choose from. Career counseling is a broader term and both of the services have their own uniqueness and advantages. Say for instance, at the time of recession you have to take a diversion from your career path and for that you have to hire a career counselor to expand the job opportunities.
- If you are a fresher, hiring a career counseling service will help you make a start to a career and if you are a professional and you want to make a career transition because of job dissatisfaction or any other reason you can opt for career coaching services. Outplacement services include both counseling and coaching services and are often searched by job seekers.
- The trainers will also help you in informing about the outdated procedure and to adapt the latest procedure in practice. Outplacement service is required for the fresher and the also for the experienced. The reason why the experienced also need to hire the service is to get aware about the latest procedures in any particular field.
- A counselor might take a more objective position as a service provider, whereas a coach’s stance might be more like that of an athletic coach, providing both helpful feedback and boosting morale.
Hence it is suggested to find the best coaching and counseling services as that can kick start your career and will also help you in moving on with positive career transitions.
Filed under: Career Counseling & Guidance, Career Planning, Career Tips | Tagged: Career Coaching, Counseling Services | Leave a comment »
Posted on June 11, 2014 by weblinkindia
Today the work-from-home jobs have become quite popular among professionals who are looking to break away from the chains of the nine-to-five working schedule. There are many factors that have contributed to the popularity of the work-from-home solutions. For women professionals who are on maternity leave or otherwise seek a flexible working schedule to balance their personal & professional lives, these work-from-home jobs have proved to be a blessing.
Other people who have benefited from the popularity of work-from-jobs include physically challenged people and those who reside in remote areas. Many people think of home based jobs as cakewalk, but this is just a misconception. Mentioned below are some tips to ensure the success of your home based job or business.
Tips For Making Your Work-From-Home Job A Success
- Choose A Suitable Job: Depending upon what your forte is, whether it is writing or convincing people, or typing, etc., you may choose the best work-from-home job suited for yourself. Some options include data entry, freelance writer, medical transcription, and so on.
- Make a Schedule – This is one of the first things to do when you initially start with any work-from-home job. Once you make a schedule, ensure that you stick to it, no matter what.
- Learn to Multitask – This is an important skill to learn as it will help you save precious time. Rather than doing a single task at a time, it is smarter to juggle a few tasks so that they get done simultaneously. But remember, not to overdo it or it could backfire and you may commit a mistake.
- Clear Out A Separate Space for Office Work: This is very important as it will ensure a more professional approach towards the work. Remember to keep your professional and personal commitments separate.
Before signing up for any work-from-home job, it is very important to ensure that it is not a scam. As per recent research, it was found that home-based job scams were listed among the top ten common internet scams. Once you have established that the company you are about to work with is a genuine one, you can follow the tips mentioned above to make your work-from-job a success.
Filed under: Career Tips, Jobs Tips | Tagged: Home Based Jobs, Work From Home | Leave a comment »
Posted on May 13, 2014 by weblinkindia
The success of any organization is directly affected by the productivity of its employees. Without a hard working and efficient workforce to back it up, the chances an organization reaching the heights of success is remote. Since employee productivity and work performance are so important, it is essential that the necessary steps are taken to improve work performance. This article provides some tips both for employees to improve their performance at work and for employers to promote a work environment that is conducive to efficient employee performance.
Tips for Employees To Improve Work Performance
- Organize your Workstation: An uncluttered and organized workstation not only looks good, but it also improves efficiency.
- Use Time Management Tools: This includes making full utilization of the calendar to keep track of appointments, meetings, targets and other important tasks.
- Make a things-to-do list Everyday: This list should be filled with daily tasks that should be arranged priority wise.
- Resolve Problems Quickly: It is essential to resolve problems as and when they arise to avoid future distractions.
Tips for Employers To Improve Employee Work Performance
Initiate employee recognition programs: Providing recognition to employees who go out of their way to ensure that a task is completed is a great motivator.
- Organize Trainings: This ensures that the employees who are lagging behind or need to learn new skills can benefit from these trainings.
- Provide Proper Channels for Communication: Effective communication is very essential for ensuring employee efficiency.
- Encourage a Open Work Environment: Rigidity at the work place tends to prove stifling to the employees. Make the employees feel as if they are a part of an extended family and make them realize that their contribution matters.
- Encourage Professionalism: It is essential to ensure that a high standard of professionalism is maintained at the workplace. Set high bars of professional conduct to get rid of problems like – malicious gossip, which hamper work performance.
These are some of the effective ways in which the workplace productivity can be improved. These small steps can contribute in a big way as far as improving the efficiency of the workforce is concerned.
Find latest job openings in India
Filed under: Career Tips, Jobs Tips | Tagged: Employee Etiquettes, Employee Work Performance, work tips | Leave a comment »