Posted on March 31, 2011 by weblinkindia
With the advent of Internet, the whole recruitment process has been given totally a new dimension. Earlier job seekers could look for jobs in advertisement posted in newspapers or on career sites. Social networking sites are the latest to join this revolution and make this task a lot simpler and easier for you. The huge pool of talented candidates that you can access through these sites helps in creation of fruitful business relations with them and enhances the company’s brand visibility in the market. Read the tips that will help to better your talent acquisition strategy:
- Build your company profile on these sites. Effectively communicate your company’s goals and aim and create pages where candidates can search for the required position. Separate job categories can be made as a person from an accounts background would not like to see information updated for the engineers. So, separate sections should be made for job requirement in different fields.
- It is important to attract as many candidates you can to the company. Major social networking sites offer special advertising programs targeting only those profiles seeking an interest in them. This will help you to narrow down your talent acquisition process.
- One of the most important benefits of social networking sites are employee referrals. There are special employee referrals software exclusively designed for these sites where the recruiters can have an easy access to the new employees’ referrals and keep a track of what they post.
- Keep a tab on the fact whether these techniques are effective and prove as successful for your company or not.
These social networking sites are now playing a very significant role for the job seekers to get jobs as per their qualification and interest. Simultaneously, recruiters shall have a better choice to hire qualified talent as per their requirements, which they automatically acquire on the social networking sites.
Filed under: Talent | Tagged: Talent Acquisition | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 28, 2011 by weblinkindia
Leadership in a well-established company as compared to a start up is very different. While the former gives a comfortable environment to work in, the latter comes with a set of challenges that can be handled with a sense of freedom. Although much vagueness and indecision prevail, the satisfaction of working from scratch towards successfully driving an enterprise, gives an experience unlike any other. But there are some essential qualities that a leader handling a start-up must have, in order to manage as well as lead with the minimum resources available at disposal. In this write up, we will discuss these qualities and the significant impact that the right leadership will have on the success of an enterprise.
- Ability to foster an environment with mutual trust and respect between team members
- Ability To Take Initiatives And Multi-Task: During the establishment of a new company when everything is new and the resources are limited, the leader should be able to Multi-task in the face of lesser manpower and the existing pressure to meet targets.
- Ability To Lead People: Operations in a start-up have a limited number of people, but the key is to have them working in close synchronization. Individual views always differ, but may escalate into problems in case of a hectic work environment.
- Excel At Guidance And Communication: At such a critical stage, the employees need guidance at every step while having complete information about the effect of their efforts and other information that must be properly conveyed to them. Uncertainty should be avoided at all costs.
- Mediating And Negotiation Skills: Making people from different backgrounds work on a same strategy towards a common goal is critical. A good leader in such a scenario should have a non-antagonistic mindset to sort out any differences.
While a start-up requires much nurturing to become a full-fledged company, the efforts of the employees, driven by a competent leader can reduce the time required for the same while maintaining work-place harmony. Although there are many other qualities that are required for such type of leadership, the above mentioned points are the major qualities that can make the leader turn the fortune of any company.
Education Consultancy in India
Filed under: Leadership | Tagged: Leadership Qualities, Leadership Tips | 2 Comments »
Posted on March 24, 2011 by weblinkindia
It’s an undeniable fact that the foremost factor for job satisfaction is the work culture and work environment around you. The work environment creates a positive impact on employees’ productivity and work efficiency. It lets an employee stay focused on the work and deliver productive results. Amidst all these, the crucial part is proper organization and management of your work-station. This ensures that your valuable time is not wasted searching for the missing items while meeting your set deadlines. Read the write-up ahead and get yourself acquainted with some of the tips on effective management of your office space:
- Collect all the files or important documents and arrange them as per their date of creation or in alphabetical order. It is important to locate items very easily without wasting much of your precious time. Similarly, gather all the CD’s and other office equipment such as pens, pins, letter heads etc and place them into your cupboards or drawers.
- Garbage bins should be near to your work station, so that before unnecessary things gets piled up, you can throw them into the bins.
- If you have a pin-up board right in front of your table, take time to remove all the old notices or circulars and put the new ones. Don’t just keep putting up the new ones as the whole place will look cluttered.
- Another most important factor is that your place of work should be clean. It’s really distracting and annoying for an employee to work where there is a heap of dust lying around the table or PC.
- Also, ensure that your work station is nearby the concerned department you have to deal with. If that is not the case, it can hamper your communication with other employees and staff members.
These are some of the basic tips for organizing your workspace that will surely have a positive impact on your work and deliver effective results. Try them out and as the time passes by, you will realize the difference.
Engineering Jobs in Jaipur
Filed under: Workplace Tips | Tagged: Work Space, Workplace Tips | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 21, 2011 by weblinkindia
The key to the success of a business firm or an organization is by building a cohesive and harmonious unit within the organization. This is only possible when the employees working within the organization are completely satisfied and regularly given a chance to voice their opinion. So, feedback is a crucial element for organizational development and sustaining a healthy working relationship between the employees and the employers. Feedback from employees keeps the employers updated on their problems or queries being faced. Enlisted below are certain important benefits of having feedbacks from your employees:
- It keeps the executives updated on the strengths and weaknesses of the organization. It gives a fair idea of the level of satisfaction of the employees. Moreover, it also tells them how motivated every individual is while working with that organization.
- It makes the managers aware of the reactions/opinion of the employees on existing or new policies of the company. Furthermore, the employees have the full right to give some useful advice on what they don’t agree upon and how the working environment can be made better.
- In case the work assigned to the employees is too much and they feel overstressed, they can honestly discuss this with their managers and a solution can be worked out for the same.
- Since, the employees directly connect with the customers, so they can understand their specific requirements and communicate it to their superiors. But, this is only possible when the employees are asked to divert their feedbacks or suggestions to the higher authorities.
- Feedback from employees is essential to make them realize that they are like family and that the company or the firm values their suggestions more than anything else. This boosts the confidence level of the staff and its direct impact is seen in their work performance.
Employee feedback is essential for the smooth working of any organization or firm. But the feedback should be taken on a regular basis and just not when the managers feel like it. The employees on the other hand should take into consideration that their suggestions or views are being given prime importance. With two-fold benefits, the feedback process helps both the employees and the employers by helping them to grow in a more proactive manner.
Filed under: Employees | Tagged: Employee Tips, Employees | Leave a comment »