What is the first thing that you are asked for while applying for a job interview? Yes, a resume or CV. Along with a Resume, the other important thing that is a requirement of the current day is a Cover letter.
What is a Resume and Cover Letter?
Resume : It is a document representing your educational and professional qualifications.
Cover Letter : It is a document, mainly sent along with CV that communicates your suitability for the job.
For all those who wish to know what role does a resume and cover letter play, this write up is a apt one.
Whether you are submitting your resume online or in person, it is important to provide a Resume and Cover Letter that has a perfect format. With the world progressing and technologically advancing, companies and placement agencies have started using different software to shortlist or select the Resumes & Cover Letters.
So, these electronic Cover Letters & Resumes need to be designed keeping in mind certain points like:
How your Resume and Cover Letter be framed?
- Firstly come out of the shell and try new styles of writing a Resume and Cover Letter. The research shows that the recruiters are now uninterested in the set Resume and Cover Letter formats.
- The focus of the resume and the cover letter should be on the achievements and experience
- The content should be free from spelling and grammatical errors
- The font and style chosen should be simple
- It should have only relevant information
Thus Resume and Cover Letter are the two documents that will help you acquire a suitable job. So, cautiously design these documents, also you can take the help of a web professional. get an attractive and well-framed Resume and Cover Letter and increase your chances of getting shortlisted