Which according to you is the document that introduces you to the recruiters? Yes, it is the CV or Resume.
What is a resume?
It is basically a document that represents you in front of the recruiters. If your resume is not strong enough then you might face failure while seeking a job.
Need of the hour
With the advancing time the demands of the job seekers have raised and thus modifications in the style of resume have become mandatory. Your resume should be catchy and at the same time informative in order to hold the interest of the recruiters. A well writ but detailed resume might not help you and probably irritate the recruiters. So, you must be thinking what your resume should look like? Here are some very basic tips that will assist you in framing an appropriate Resume and especially guide you about the content that needs to be added.
- Before framing your resume carry out a thorough research on the company’s background: this can be done by:
- The formatting or order wise arrangement of the information is a very important thing in a resume. So, you must keep the most relevant details on top (relevant to the job applied). E.g. experience carries more importance than qualifications for certain posts.
- Do not simply list what all duties or responsibilities you shared in your last job rather highlight how you accomplished them. Do mention the special actions that you have taken in order to successfully carry out your duties
- Certain skills that you possess that are not required for the job applied should also be mentioned. You can have a separate section for it e.g. ‘special skills’ section.
- Try and convert your weakness into your strength. If you have applied for a job that asks for qualifications that you don’t possess. Then wave off that weakness of yours by highlighting your strong points.
- If you have very less experience then educational qualifications should be duly highlighted.
- If you are still a student and working part-time or lending your services to a NGO then clearly mention it in your CV. This will showcase you as a multi tasker and also portray your time management skills
Thus following our tips the content of your resume will be made suitable for the applied job. Also, apart from the content pay due attention to the font style, spacing and other formatting details as it will ease the reader to go and directly pick up the required information. So, only add relevant information in your CV.